about this blog

Who is the Food Network Addict? He's the guy serving up the latest news and gossip on your favorite celebrity chefs. From Rachael Ray to Ina Garten, Paula Deen to Giada, he's got you covered. Stop by daily and feed your addiction.


blog advertising is good for you.

Tuesday, May 11

Bobby Flay Gives a Sarah Palin-esque Answer to What He'd Study at College

Conjuring up now-fading memories of Sarah Palin's notorious CBS interview with Katie Couric in which she replied "all of them" to the question what newspapers or magazines do you regularly read, Bobby Flay, who was in DC last week to attend the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner, told People magazine that he wants to go to college and go "back to Georgetown," adding that "it's a really cool place."


When asked what he wanted to study, the Flayster (a high school dropout) reportedly said "anything."

"I didn't go to college. I'm ready to start over," said Flay.

Start over? If you haven't done so already, how about getting that high school diploma or GED before you start planning your fall college schedule, Bobby boy! ;-)

Not like Bobby, who has a million shows on Food Network and another planned for Scripps' new Cooking Channel, would have any time to devote to studies. I'd stick with cooking!

******************

Sorry for the longest break I've ever taken from blogging since I started back in TWO-THOUSAND-AND-SIX. That's like a thousand years in blog. I'm sorry. I don't really have any specific reason for it other than I've been busy still getting used to my new digs in D.C.... and I honestly haven't really felt like it. I've been blogging for so long and, not to sound cliche, but you really have to be in a certain place in your life to blog with any kind of regularity. Right now, I'm not really in that space. I have other "real" jobs that take up a lot of my time and I don't always delegate as much time to Food Network watching and reviewing as I used to. Not saying that I won't again in the future... but, for now, I'm enjoying just writing about what comes along that interests me.

That's not to say I'm not still paying attention. I'm still reading and enjoying all your comments and emails. If you have suggestions, please send em my way (comments or foodnetworkaddict (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks and kisses for all the years of reading! I'm still here!

Labels:

 

11 Comments:

At 5/11/2010 4:46 PM , Blogger Randy said...

Thanks for the update Jacob. We were starting to worry about you.

I understand getting burned out. I love the blog and check it regularly. Thank you for all the hard work.

 
At 5/11/2010 4:46 PM , Blogger jacob said...

Thanks, Randy!

 
At 5/11/2010 11:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you, Jacob!!

Christine :)

 
At 5/12/2010 1:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm in the minority being a Bobby Flay fan, but let's be fair. He does have his GED. C'mon, didn't you see his Chefography? I don't mind people poking fun at him, but don't lie.

 
At 5/13/2010 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and don't compare him to Sarah Palin

 
At 5/14/2010 3:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good too see you back, take your time with it all, who cares about all of us? I got my prize package today!!! Happy happy joy joy..many thanks..smoochie- Laura

 
At 5/14/2010 2:07 PM , Blogger Alec Smart said...

I can't believe you are dissing His Majesty, Bobby Flay.

Does this mean The FN cut you loose ?

What happened ? Write a post about it Jake .
My Life on the Inside of the FN.

 
At 5/15/2010 1:43 AM , Blogger Matt Brown said...

What's with Juan Carlos Cruz hiring homeless people to kill someone?

 
At 6/26/2010 2:18 PM , Anonymous Cindy said...

I had no idea that Bobby never graduated from high school. You have to give him credit for determination tho. I wish him well.

 
At 8/10/2010 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really bad form to make fun of somebody for not having an education. Shame on you.

 
At 5/23/2011 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Bobby...but he needs to stop chewing his fingernails. VERY unappetizing, Bobby. Can't he afford a manicure?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

CrispAds Blog Ads

twitter


blog archive